Review different ID linkages available to purchase in the Narrative Marketplace
Within an Identifier Mapping buy order, users choose between a variety of ID types that they want to make a connection to. ID Mapping buys will transact against suppliers who link two identifiers to a single user, such as email to a mobile phone. This data can be effectively used to expand targeting into different strategies like desktop, email and mobile.
ID Types & Common Linkages
Hashed Email (HEM)
md5, sha1, sha256
- Collected through newsletters, registrations & sign-ups, and other online properties where an email is entered or required
- Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is removed at the point of hashing
Mobile Ad IDs (MAIDs)
IDFA & AAID
- A unique pseudo-anonymous identifier tied to a mobile phone, often collected from developers through APIs offered on the device
- Storage mechanism that are associated with a web browser (mobile web or desktop) and are specific to the domain of the collected data
- Specific to the domain of the data collected (Amazon different than Google)
Below are examples of the types of ID Mapping Linkages available through a variety of suppliers in Narrative.
- Supplier has made a connection of (1) Hashed Email to (1) Mobile Advertising ID
- Example: user created an in-app login with an email address, since done within an app that MAID is collected as well, making the connection of HEM<>MAID
Cookie<>MAID or Hashed Email
- Narrative can provide cookie to MAID mappings by using supplier Cookie Syncs
- Narrative supports Suppliers that provide their own ID Mapping of their unique Cookie IDs to either hashed emails or MAIDs
- Supplier cookie data is typically collected from a web browser when a user visits on a desktop or mobile device
- A cookie is fired and that device is collected and both are mapped to each other
- To standardize different supplier mappings, Narrative creates their own cookie ID (Narrative Cookie) mapped to the additional identifier, as an email hash or MAID
- This allows different Cookie IDs from different Suppliers to be linked to a shared value in Narrative (Narrative Cookie)
Want to learn more?
Contact your Partner Success Manager today or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how the Narrative platform can power your data strategy.